Sunday, July 11, 2010

Hey everyone, Owen and I are home from church because he wouldn't take a nap this morning, which in turn made made him very grump for us in sacrament meeting. I thought I would take some time and share with you all my thoughts and feelings this moment. Yesterday, my nephew Noah got baptized along with two others in his ward, I had the privilege of being a witness to that baptism, it was such a special experience to see all 3 of those kiddies go down into the waters of baptism and make a promise to their heavenly father. It made me reflect upon my mission and the people that I had the opportunity to baptize. I know that some of them have fallen away from the promise that they made that day, others have served missions and are serving as branch presidents in the church. I sometimes wonder why those people who fell away fell away from the church, I know they were prepared when they were baptized. Anyways, I think I just wanted to say that that we all need to be aware of the small decisions we are making in our life, they may lead us to make big decisions that are incorrect and will lead us to inactivity in the church. I am so grateful for my dear Shelly and Owen, for the examples they give me every day.

We love you all and are grateful for your friendship. Have a wonderful day!!!


Nate, Shelly, and Owen.

1 comment:

  1. I remember days like that when the kids were terrors at Church! Hang in there-they grow up and will soon go to nursery! Persevere and Owen will eventually learn what Church is all about and you will get something out of the meetings again. In the meantime, enjoy visting with the other parents out in the hall-you still get blessings for being there, even if you missed all of class! You two are great parents! Love ya, mom

    ReplyDelete