Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Hello everyone,

Last thursday, my dad called me while I was in Virginia for work and gave me some news that was really hard to take. For a few days before Thursday, he had been having a hard time with his speech. He went on to tell me that he had been to the doctor and that they had found some kind of tumor in his head. It was our hope that the tumor was acutally an abscess, and not some type of brain tumor. They scheduled brain surgery for last Saturday when we found out that the tumor was in fact a tumor and not an abscess. We are now currently waiting for the pathology reports to come back determining if it is cancerous and what type of cancer it is, if it is indeed cancer.

Even though this has has been a really hard time the last week or so, I have had some amazing experiences that have helped me and my family through this time.

First of, I have to say that my dear wife has been so awesome. because she has already been through this with her father, she has been a rock for us and a support to all my siblings and especially my mom. Also, I have felt the power of the Holy Ghost so strong this last week that it has been awesome. I know that my Father in Heaven is aware of my family's sufferings and that he will help us as we need it.

I would like to express to my dad and anyone who may read this how much I love and appreciate him and his example. He has done so much for me that he can't even begin to fathom how much. I remember when I was in sports, my dad was always at my games or events that I was participating in. If he couldn't make it, he made sure that someone was there to cheer me on. I think that the thing that I always think of when I think of my dad is what he always said to me while I was still living at home; he said "If your going to do something, make sure you do it right the first time, or don't do it at all." What that means to me is always give your best effort into what you are doing. If you don't, you going to have to do it again so you might as well do it correct the first time.

Anyways, I hope you all know how great my dad is. He has always been my best friend and hero! Never give up, never surrender!!

Nate

2 comments:

  1. Skyler told me about your dad, Nate... I'm so sorry! :( your family is in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to email you Petey but we are staying at my mom's house right now and things have been crazy. ANYWAY, even though I've slacked on that, I have been thinking of you guys and praying for you. Please let us know what you find out and if you need anything. I've always admired your parents and will continue to keep your dad in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete